This is probably one the best our family recipes! We love it, our friends loved it, everyone loved it! (At least they said they did.) The preparation is extremely easy. The only one thing you have to have – enough time for roasting. Thats all. You will need:
Large peace of pork – could be shoulder, could be leg, we tried both and both were DELICIOUS!
2-3 garlic cloves
3 tablespoons of olive oil
1. Dry the skin with kitchen paper if you want to have nice and crispy crackling.
2. Preheat the oven to 250 degrees
3. Score the skin. Even if it’s already scored, I like to make it deeper – we will need nice pockets to put garlic and rosemary. 🙂
4. Oil the skin with olive oil thoroughly. This will help salt to stick to the skin.
5. Sprinkle sea salt generously all over the skin.
6. Insert small slices of garlic and herbs in between the scores.
7. Place your pork in the oven and leave it for 30 minutes. Then lover the temperature to 190 degrees and continue rosting.
8. After the meet is cooked leave it for 15-20 minutes to rest.
- Before preparing your meet take it out of the fridge and leave it in a room temperature for at least one hour or more. Meat will be tender and juicy then.
- To check if your meet is ready insert a knife in the thickest part of the meet and check a colour of the juice. If the colour is clear, your meet is ready. If not, continue cooking till the juice is clear.
- Normally the cooking time will be written on the package when buying meet. I recommend to check if it is ready half an hour before recommended time to make sure you don’t overcook.
Serve it with potatoes, gravy and selection of vegetables. ENJOY!