Reallocating: Trip to Stoke-on-Trent for House Hunting

This was our first trip to Stoke-on-Trent since we decided to reallocate. It’s just about time to start house hunting. Our moving out date in Romford is 25th of September. Less than a month to go!

We were planning to get here on Wednesday in the evening. That day I was going to pick up Luka from the airport and after Edward finishes work we all wanted to get going. Unfortunately on the way home from the airport poor Daniella threw up in the car followed by super high temperature, so we decided to stay home that night..

The morning after, on Thursday, Daniella seemed to feel a little bit better, but still had temperature. We have decided to leave her at Edward’s parents – 3 hours trip would have been too tiring for her.. We couldn’t cancel our trip to Stoke-on_Trent, as Edward was given Thursday and Friday off, that doesn’t happen every day, so it was an opportunity for us to see houses together. It was heartbreaking though to leave our princess being so poorly. At least we all knew she was in good hands.

Reallocating won’t be very easy for us. Stoke-on-Trent is more than 3 hours away from where we live. WReallocating: Trip to Stoke-on-Trent for House Huntinge have so much stuff to take over. Packing, and transferring everything over to another part of the country will be challenging the least I would say!

Our journey to our new home town was pretty smooth. I didn’t get much sleep the night before – with Daniella being sick and Harry waking up time to time I managed to close my eyes for 2.5 hours maximum. Therefore Edward was driving all 3 hours to Stoke.

We are staying at my cousin’s house and on the first day we already had couple of viewings. One in Burslem, Stoke-on-Trent and another one in Newcastle Upon Lyme, which is just 10 minutes drive away.

First house was in a terrible condition. Yak!!! Stinky, filthy, broken handles, cupboards and doors! There was no way we were getting this!
However the second house that we viewed in Newcastle upon Lyme was really nice! Three bedrooms, big kitchen, garden and a garage! We have decided to go for this.

I am not surprised, that someone else, who viewed that second house on that same day before us, wanted to go for it too. They also filled up all forms at the agency, so now it’s up to the landlord of which family he is going to pick. Sadly I don’t have very much hope that we will be the lucky ones. If another family is smaller, most probably they will get the place.. And the silliest thing about all this is that we are only going to find out within two weeks. We had to pay £250 and need to wait for the answer now. That means, if landlord picks another family, we will have a very little time to find another house. The way they do things in Stoke-on-Trent is so different to London. Ahh, please keep your fingers crossed for us..

So that is it for now. We are still in Stoke-on-Trent today, but going home in  couple of hours. I miss our little Daniella so much! Cannot wait to see her…My life, my passion, justina ivanauskiene

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *